The Board of Ethics administers Chicago’s Governmental Ethics and Campaign Financing Ordinances, laws adopted to help ensure that City officials and employees avoid conflicts of interests.
The agency’s activities include:
- Providing confidential advice;
- Educating City personnel, vendors, lobbyists and the public about the Ordinances;
- Regulating lobbyists and campaign contributors;
- Distributing and maintaining financial disclosure statements for public inspection; and,
- Referring complaints and adjudicating completed investigations.